Python ConText implementation for NLP
What is pyConTextNLP?
pyConTextNLP is a partial implementation of the ConText algorithm using Python. The original description of pyConTextNLP was provided in Chapman BE, Lee S, Kang HP, Chapman WW, "Document-level classification of CT pulmonary angiography reports based on an extension of the ConText algorithm." J Biomed Inform. 2011 Oct;44(5):728-37
Since that publication pyConTextNLP has undergone several important revisions:
- Incorporating NetworkX to describe target/modifier relationships.
- Porting from Python 2.x to Python 3.x
- This is a work in progress. pyConTextNLP does not have a clean transition for handling unicode in Python 2.x in my attempts to port to 3.x
- Rewriting pyConTextNLP to have a more functional style.
- This has been motivated by both the need to incorporate parallel processing into the algorithm for speed and to reduce unintended side effects.
- This work currently lies in the subpackage
- NetworkX for relating ConText relationships.
- TextBlob for sentence splitting.
- nose for unit testing.
pyConTextNLP is hosted on GitHub and is index in pypi so can be installed with pip:
pip install pyConTextNLP